Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

questionwonder

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 6, 2013
I want to buy the iPhone 15 and start a Youtube vlog and I want to know how the front camera compares to something like a GoPro?
I don't want a GoPro because I don't want to carry 2 devices, so how good is the front side camera on the iPhone 15 Pro?
I also want to get something like the OSMO mobile 6 where believe, but could be wrong, I can rotate the gimbal/camera around and use the backside camera for vlogging, but I wouldn't be able to see myself.

Anyone have any advice on best option here for me?

Reactions: Nordman 52

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
I want to buy the iPhone 15 and start a Youtube vlog and I want to know how the front camera compares to something like a GoPro?
I don't want a GoPro because I don't want to carry 2 devices, so how good is the front side camera on the iPhone 15 Pro?
I also want to get something like the OSMO mobile 6 where believe, but could be wrong, I can rotate the gimbal/camera around and use the backside camera for vlogging, but I wouldn't be able to see myself.

Anyone have any advice on best option here for me?

I actually just made a post about Vlogging on the the iPhone 15. I ended up using the back camera most of the time. Using the wide angle lens, you're sure to be in frame. I just preferred the look over the front facing camera though that camera quality, IMO, is good enough to Vlog with in the event you prefer looking at the screen. You can check out my Vlog here!

BTW, I don't think you need a mobile gimbal. Footage from the iPhone is smooth enough!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.