Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPhone 7 worth purchasing in 2019?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

MikeS.7456

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2017
- Moderate user

- 2 hours of calling per day + texting, email, and some internet surfing.

- Thank you for your time and help.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
- Moderate user

- 2 hours of calling per day + texting, email, and some internet surfing.

- Thank you for your time and help.

Worth what? Using if you already have it? Absolutely. Paying $449 for a new one over paying $599 over an 8? That is more complicated.

I’m keeping my 7 for now as for many reasons the new ones don’t do anything for me and are a step back in many ways.

Reactions: jetsam

MikeS.7456

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2017
Worth what? Using if you already have it? Absolutely. Paying $449 for a new one over paying $599 over an 8? That is more complicated.

I’m keeping my 7 for now as for many reasons the new ones don’t do anything for me and are a step back in many ways.

Thinking of purchasing a new one. Would you recommend it.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
It's a 2.5 year old phone. Buying a 2.5 year old phone for several hundred dollars seems foolish to me.

AppleHaterLover

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2018
It's good now, but I think it will start showing its age sooner rather than later.

Personally I'd recommend either the 7 or 8 Plus. Ideally you'd be getting a XR.

Nilhum

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
For that price you can buy a galaxy s9, get better battery, higher resolution, less bezels, OLED, etc. Is the apple ecosystem that important?

And if you want Apple badly I would go for XR.

Last edited:
Reactions: motulist

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
iPhone 7 is good but as mentioned, only if you own it or if you buy it on Swappa for a good price. Issues with baseband and audio chips can drive you crazy (trust me, I have iPhone 7 :D ). Save some money and get 8, it's basically the same just bit newer (so +1 year of iOS updates) and seems to have less manufacturing issues.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
For that price you can buy a galaxy s9, get better battery, higher resolution, less bezels, OLED, etc. Is the apple ecosystem that important?.

Maybe it’s not necessarily just about the ecosystem, what about security? So let me ask you, “Is Apples security that important?” I think it is, and I think you will find out that it’s today’s age of cyber intrusion, I would choose iOS over Android regardless, and I am someone who just saying this because I prefer ‘Apple’, I prefer my privacy respected and protected, which Apple does. So what’s the price of hardware with a competitor that has lesser security versus one that has better security? Factor that into your post.

Reactions: jetsam and Aspasia

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I'm still rocking my 7+, but I wouldn't buy it today if I didn't already own it. I'd at least do the 8 for wireless charging at the very minimum.

cnev3

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
Its still a very good phone for under $400. If you’re gonna spend more than go for an XR.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Still rocking my 7 and it is smooth and fast with excellent battery life. If doable for less than $400 I think it is an excellent buy. I will be keeping mine. Battery health at 91% and 255 charge cycles, lots of miles left in it so why not? Besides for me personally I don't like the new ones with the new features that I do not care for. And, with the latest beta on my 7 it is even better. I won't be getting another Iphone till Apple relaxes and gives me a few more customization options. So this may be my last. But yes! The 7 is relevent and still a great device!

Reactions: Aspasia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.