Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Israel
Hey.

I'm getting the new Mac Mini with 4GB Ram in the 13th July when my uncle comes back from the US.
And i've been wondering first if it actually fits my needs.
I'm mostly just browsing the internet , watching movies sometimes , listening to music , Photoshop , and sometimes i play games like: Combat Arms , Age of Empires 3 , Sims 3 , Spore...

Thank you! :D

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Israel
I had another question . How the heck am i suppose to connect my screen to the Mac Mini with such a short cable they give? the HDMI To DVI One?

TRUCRACKER

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2010
VA
Hey.

I'm getting the new Mac Mini with 4GB Ram in the 13th July when my uncle comes back from the US.
And i've been wondering first if it actually fits my needs.
I'm mostly just browsing the internet , watching movies sometimes , listening to music , Photoshop , and sometimes i play games like: Combat Arms , Age of Empires 3 , Sims 3 , Spore...

Thank you! :D

Should be fine with all those things.
The title makes no sense though...

Jawnathin

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009
I had another question . How the heck am i suppose to connect my screen to the Mac Mini with such a short cable they give? the HDMI To DVI One?

Its an adapter, not a cable. Just get a DVI cable and plug one end into the monitor and connect the other end to the adapter. Plug the Adapter into the HDMI port on the Mini. Voila!

If your monitor only has a VGA input, you'll need a separate adapter.

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Israel
When i bought my screen [ Samsung T220P ] I got a cable of DVI To DVI, Should i use this one?
And i'm too lazy to change the thread title so stop reminding that. XD

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
When i bought my screen [ Samsung T220P ] I got a cable of DVI To DVI, Should i use this one?

Look, I'll make it easy for you. Just copy & paste the following sentence into the Title:

Is the Mac Mini the right Mac for me?

Honestly, if you are too inconvenienced to change the header, why should anyone here put more effort into your solution when you yourself won't?

Tronic

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
I questioned the thread title as well at first but then I noticed he said "when my uncle comes back from the USA." which made me realize English isin't probably his native language.

Jawnathin

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2009

Cut the guy some slack... its just a thread title and his post clearly defined his question.

Anyway, yes, you would use the DVI to DVI cable. I'll try to 'diagram' the setup here...

Samsung Monitor -> DVI Cable -> HDMI/DVI Adapter -> Mac mini's HDMI Port

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley

Yes. Plug the DVI cable into the monitor, and the other end into the adapter (HDMI to DVI) that comes with the Mac Mini. And the HDMI end of the adapter goes into the Mini.

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Israel
Okay! Thanks guys. Especially Jawnathin. And wow you guys get mad fast because of a title. But that's fine you can lock this thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.