Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philstubbington

macrumors 6502
don't worry about first recharging etc *m1 chips do not use that old practice. Apple has battery optimization inbuilt so you can use normally and charge as you wish. Or you may want to charge until 100 and then use, but this is not very important. There is no battery recalculation anymore on macbooks.
True. I would say just use it however you want. I’ve had mine since shortly after they came out (2020?) and typically used every weekday during the working day, with 3 of those days being on battery power only for at least 3.5 hours. I put in into charge over lunch (an hour or so) more out of habit than need - it’s lasted 8 hours on battery alone previously.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
The time thing is only really valid if you must have the latest and greatest OS with all SW patches - the machine will still work it just wont receive the latest (unless you look at OpenCore or similar)

OpenCore solutions to extend life don't work for Apple Silicon Macs

lenuxfrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2024
France
Hello everyone
After a bit of trouble finding one, I finally bought my first MacBook and AirPods at the same time, given the excellent price. It returns to me with the dirty tax and my bank card without expenses with : 687.13€ and 78.63€ and what can I say, he's very, very handsome here, he's in charge
For information Bestbuy for the AirPod and Walmart for the MacBook

philstubbington

macrumors 6502
Hello everyone
After a bit of trouble finding one, I finally bought my first MacBook and AirPods at the same time, given the excellent price. It returns to me with the dirty tax and my bank card without expenses with : 687.13€ and 78.63€ and what can I say, he's very, very handsome here, he's in charge
Glad you got sorted. Hope you have many years of use! Also enjoy the lack of fan noise 😂

Reactions: lenuxfrance

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
Hello everyone

Job done, with minimally sufficient Apple eco-system complete: iPhone, MBA & AirPods ;)

Now enjoy, and "Don't look back at Intel"

lenuxfrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2024
France
Hello everyone ho calm how nice it is to put your mac on the bed and no longer pay attention to the ventilation even my darling started to tell me I can put my account you can create another user for me 😂😂
Do you have any free apps to recommend?

Do you think I can use this plug adapter temporarily while I order the French charger head (see photo)

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpeg
    IMG_0480.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: philstubbington

philstubbington

macrumors 6502
Hello everyone ho calm how nice it is to put your mac on the bed and no longer pay attention to the ventilation even my darling started to tell me I can put my account you can create another user for me 😂😂

Do you think I can use this plug adapter temporarily while I order the French charger head (see photo)
You can create multiple users on a Mac very easily. No other software required. If you need office type applications or video applications then the Apple suite are good - Pages, Numbers, KeyNote, etc. GarageBand and iMovie too are good free apps.

philstubbington

macrumors 6502

I would imagine you’ll be okay with it - my understanding is the power supply switches between voltages worldwide. I’ve used mine with various adapters without a problem.

JustAnExpat

Suspended
Nov 27, 2019

For the USA? I don't think it'll physically fit inside the sockets. Check the charger itself, make sure it says 120/240volts (USA is on 120 volts). if it's 240 volts, the charger (but not the MacBook) will get damaged.

If, on the other hand, this is just a converter, it'll work fine. The Apple chargers can take between 120 volts to 240 volts, and can switch automatically.

Last edited:

StrollerEd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2011
Scotland
What is shown is merely a 'prong' adapter. The c110 volts from the USA supply will flow through that OK, so don't be concerned. Back home in France, it is c.230 volts, ie much higher.

lenuxfrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2024
France
Hello , I've just looked at the charger is compatible with US 110 🇺🇸 and Eu 🇪🇺🇫standards including France 220V , will just buy an adapter price US to France 🇫🇷
Otherwise, I'm very happy with my purchase, a real treat, just one thing: I have to start from scratch, switch from Windows to MacOS and learn new commands.
I'd like to learn to code with my MacBook. Is it possible in the beginner beginner version? How can I learn on my own? Thanks 😀😉

philstubbington

macrumors 6502
Hello , I've just looked at the charger is compatible with US 110 🇺🇸 and Eu 🇪🇺🇫standards including France 220V , will just buy an adapter price US to France 🇫🇷
Otherwise, I'm very happy with my purchase, a real treat, just one thing: I have to start from scratch, switch from Windows to MacOS and learn new commands.
I'd like to learn to code with my MacBook. Is it possible in the beginner beginner version? How can I learn on my own? Thanks 😀😉
Take a look at Swift Playgrounds. Good place to start. After that XCode is the place to go. There’s also Visual Studio Code from Microsoft which is free too.

lenuxfrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2024
France
Hello, I'm speaking to travelers
Since I bought the MacBook in the USA, would you advise me to buy the travel kit and change the plug to the French version?
As for customs, do I keep the box or throw it away?

philstubbington

macrumors 6502
Hello, I'm speaking to travelers
Since I bought the MacBook in the USA, would you advise me to buy the travel kit and change the plug to the French version?
As for customs, do I keep the box or throw it away?
Is there state sales tax shown on your invoice? See this for more information.

I would keep the box and invoice in any case. Chances are customs won’t pick up on it - obviously 🙄 I’m not advising you don’t declare it…. 😉

If you’re likely to travel quite a bit then maybe buy a French version of the plug when you’re home and a travel adaptor at the airport. I’m a big fan of Skross adaptors - must have about 4 of them now!

Elusi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2023
yes, I was thinking of the $29 apple travel kit.
I'd hate to throw the box away, I'd like to avoid the customs fees back in France.
Hypothetically the box would have to go, then.

Any USB-C charger will of course charge the mac but paying $29 to fix the included brick sounds absolutely fine. You could otherwise just take off the corresponding piece from say an old magsafe 1/2 charging brick if you happen to own one of those.

lenuxfrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 13, 2024
France
Hello , back in France without any problem no check for my MacBook that was in my backpack
Finally I found in France a plug in my drawer Usa plug to France for the moment I will use it and I will order on AliExpress the France plug compatible Apple

Reactions: philstubbington
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.