Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedevil14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Washington, DC
I am in the market for a new camcorder. I want something small and rugged. After looking around the web for awhile i found this camera: http://www.samsung.com/Products/Camcorder/DigitalMemory/SC_X210LXAA.asp I just want to get it out now that I am not a pro video person, no FCP just iMovie. I am attracted to this camera primarily because of its size and durability, and the external lens is really cool as well. Normally, i consider flash-based camcorders to be inferior to tape/DVD models, but this one seems to have an ok CCD. So my question is, will this camera have at least decent video for family movies and filming me and my friends doing stupid things?
Thanks for all your help!
P.S. does anyone know how well this camera works with Macs?

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
bluedevil14 said:
I am in the market for a new camcorder. I want something small and rugged. After looking around the web for awhile i found this camera: http://www.samsung.com/Products/Camcorder/DigitalMemory/SC_X210LXAA.asp I just want to get it out now that I am not a pro video person, no FCP just iMovie. I am attracted to this camera primarily because of its size and durability, and the external lens is really cool as well. Normally, i consider flash-based camcorders to be inferior to tape/DVD models, but this one seems to have an ok CCD. So my question is, will this camera have at least decent video for family movies and filming me and my friends doing stupid things?
Thanks for all your help!
P.S. does anyone know how well this camera works with Macs?
Avoid anything that isn't MiniDV. All other things being equal, MiniDV offers by far the best image quality for consumer cameras and it is significantly easier to work with on your computer.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.