Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
My iPhone 8 Plus is restarting every few seconds. I haven’t been able to do any kind of reset as it restarts before I take any action. Is there a bug similar to the Dec 2nd date bug on iOS 11.2.1. I never saw that one.

Edit - I was on 11.2. Now updating to 11.2.1 and checking.

Last edited:

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Seeing how you are the only one reporting this , probably isolated issue / your phone

Yes maybe. I just wanted to put it out there in case someone had a similar issue. I upgraded to 11.2.1 and phone is back to normal. It was irritating though.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I didn’t run into this one one but it’s important that you made note of it. There have been quite a few issues that seemed to be limited to a “small” number of users who would have thought it was only them and tried some radical and unhelpful steps to resolve.

One that I did experience with Apple Pay billing address was not widely reported but after seeing a few posts here and quite a few on ASC we were able to to come up with a solution on our own. Unfortunately a new iOS had no effect. And frequently an issue that gets fixed for some gets bestowed on others with the new software so it’s very helpful to mention it for everyone’s benefit.

Reactions: kstotlani

ipb1966

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Yes maybe. I just wanted to put it out there in case someone had a similar issue. I upgraded to 11.2.1 and phone is back to normal. It was irritating though.
Not just you. My 6 started doing it this morning (UK). It was so frequent tbat it took three passes to switch off all notifications before I could start the 11.2.1 update. All fine now - well apart from the dire performance since updating to iOS 11.

kstotlani

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Not just you. My 6 started doing it this morning (UK). It was so frequent tbat it took three passes to switch off all notifications before I could start the 11.2.1 update. All fine now - well apart from the dire performance since updating to iOS 11.

Now I don’t feel so lonely.

argurpreet321

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2017
New Delhi
Well since today my 2 day old 8 plus is acting up. Can’t hear the other person on calls. They can hear me. Loud cracking sound from speakers. Touch unresponsive randomly or takes 10 seconds to register. Restarted several times. Fine for a few minutes, then back to this state.

Gyroworld

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2016
Well since today my 2 day old 8 plus is acting up. Can’t hear the other person on calls. They can hear me. Loud cracking sound from speakers. Touch unresponsive randomly or takes 10 seconds to register. Restarted several times. Fine for a few minutes, then back to this state.

Are you on 11.2.1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.