Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phillyman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I was just looking for a wireless button / button combo, that sends me a notification and/or allows me to set some automation up.

If that doesn't exist, what do you recommend as a camera doorbell? I'd rather skip Google and Amazon products.

Thanks,
Philly

SuccodeMele

Contributor
Oct 24, 2023
Would love this too. I have a door that doesn't need a camera but a doorbell (dummy) that triggers the homepods and such would be nice.

phillyman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Not sure if Ring integrates with HomeKit but also I wouldn't trust an amazon product when it came to my privacy, same with google/nest. Looks like solid hardware buuuuttttt......

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I think there’s only one smart doorbell/camera that works with HomeKit and it’s the Logitech Circle View Doorbell
There’s also Aqara and Wemo but it sounds like the OP is looking for just the doorbell button without a camera.

OP, there is an option. The Aqara button can act as a doorbell. But you will need an Aqara hub for this. Don’t think they’re water resistant so would need some type of shroud/awning/enclosure. Aqara does advertise it as being used as a doorbell though.

Reactions: b17777
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.