Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbantea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
is there a jailbreak for iOS 14.1 ? I just got the new iphone 12.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Jailbreak especially tethered version has been less interesting. Still remember the good old days, when jailbreakme released online untethered jailbreak. I helped couple of friends to jailbreak their phones during dinner time ?

HiVolt

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Jailbreak especially tethered version has been less interesting. Still remember the good old days, when jailbreakme released online untethered jailbreak. I helped couple of friends to jailbreak their phones during dinner time ?

That's when I stopped jailbreaking, when they stopped releasing untethered jailbreaks. I think the last phone I JB'd was a 6s I think it was iOS9.

Back then there also weren't too many extra features introduced during the yearly iOS revisions, so once you had one version JB'd, you could stay on it until a next version came out, or until the next major iOS version. Its different now, and so many more devices are in the ecosystem that don't play or at all if you don't have a certain version.

Besides, iOS matured enough to have a lot of the features us early jailbreakers used to tweak stuff Apple just wouldn't do. I still wish I could tweak some things that bother me to this day.

Reactions: max2 and Isamilis

alibratarian

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
That's when I stopped jailbreaking, when they stopped releasing untethered jailbreaks. I think the last phone I JB'd was a 6s I think it was iOS9.

Back then there also weren't too many extra features introduced during the yearly iOS revisions, so once you had one version JB'd, you could stay on it until a next version came out, or until the next major iOS version. Its different now, and so many more devices are in the ecosystem that don't play or at all if you don't have a certain version.

Besides, iOS matured enough to have a lot of the features us early jailbreakers used to tweak stuff Apple just wouldn't do. I still wish I could tweak some things that bother me to this day.
I bet you quit smoking when the price of a pack of cigarettes went from 5 cents to 10 too :p

• Haha
Reactions: that be me

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
There a few tweaks I have on my XS Max that I miss on my 12 Pro Max. I haven’t even upgraded the software from when I received my phone in the hopes that there will be a jailbreak by Spring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.