Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pandarama

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
France
Hey,

Is it possible that Apple will improve Keychain, with more accessibility to the app and more ability to create notes or safe contents ?

Any news about that on DP1?

Thanks !

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
In iOS 8 you can now use Touch ID to view your passwords. The password menu has also been moved so it takes less clicks to get to it. Also finally we can now choose which account to use when you have more than 1 account per website. This sort of worked with iOS 7 but it disappeared along the way but is now back, presumably much better as well and similar to how OS X handles it. Of course this is all specific to iOS devices.
No news yet on keychain access changes on Macs unfortunately. I would love for secure notes to Sync to iOS devices, that be sweet.

Pandarama

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2015
France
In iOS 8 you can now use Touch ID to view your passwords. The password menu has also been moved so it takes less clicks to get to it. Also finally we can now choose which account to use when you have more than 1 account per website. This sort of worked with iOS 7 but it disappeared along the way but is now back, presumably much better as well and similar to how OS X handles it. Of course this is all specific to iOS devices.
No news yet on keychain access changes on Macs unfortunately. I would love for secure notes to Sync to iOS devices, that be sweet.

"iOS 8" Do you mean iOS 9 ? :eek:

And yes, I would have a 1password like app, it can be great !

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
I'd love to see improvements to the password generator feature. It's very handy, but unfortunately it doesn't allow customization. Different sites have different requirements; some (bizarrely) don't allow special characters, or have a cap on the length. Sometimes the generated password doesn't work. 1Password (as well as the generator in the Keychain Access app) allow you to customize the formula (how many numbers, how many digits, length, etc). I'd like to see that feature built in to Safari.

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
Agreed, having a generator for safari on iOS or even directly in Safari on OS X would be sweet. While they are at it secure notes syncing would also be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.