Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capt Crunch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2001
Washington, D.C.
I have goodreader now which is nice, but it's annoying how I have to download every file manually to view it. I have a folder of pdfs in my dropbox that I would like to sync with my iPad. I want the app to automatically connect to my dropbox account and show any new pdfs I've put in the watched folder.

Does such a thing exist?

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
What about opening the PDF in dropbox and selecting the 'Open In...' button and select iBooks? It will be imported into iBooks and you can view it without having to re-download or have access to an internet connection.

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
PDF expert by Readdledocs is great. You can annotate, highlight, add text etc etc, and it now includes a sync function so you can sync folders. So I have a folder in my dropbox storage synced to the same folder in PDF expert, and it always carries the most up to date files.

Works excellently for me.

Reactions: PrabhaYadav

Capt Crunch

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 26, 2001
Washington, D.C.
PDF expert by Readdledocs is great. You can annotate, highlight, add text etc etc, and it now includes a sync function so you can sync folders. So I have a folder in my dropbox storage synced to the same folder in PDF expert, and it always carries the most up to date files.

Works excellently for me.

Have you tried Readdle docs? It seems to have the same functionality, less pro pdf support, but additional support for word documents.

franmatt80

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2010
Yes, I use both. Preferred them to Airsharing and Goodreader- excellent UI and general functionality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.