Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

futurejetblackowner

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
I've never had a black apple product, but jet black looks so beautiful that I had to order one.

Anyways, I ordered a 7 plus 128gb yesterday at the AT&T store and the guy who sold me the phone told me it would arrive at the end of November. BUT, when I checked my order status on the AT&T website, it said it would ship December 12-19. I really want jet black and normally wouldn't mind waiting 2 months, but my 5s which I've had for 3 years is really starting to glitch out and I don't know if it can survive.

So do you guys think there is a possibility of the phone shipping earlier than expected and if so, how early?

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Any reason why you didn't order from Apple? They are usually faster than the carriers at getting new phones shipped out?

Reactions: QueenTyrone

futurejetblackowner

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
Any reason why you didn't order from Apple? They are usually faster than the carriers at getting new phones shipped out?
It seemed easier, and I had no idea that Apple ships faster (remember not all of us are iphone experts). All I have to do is get the phone then I can just activate it from my house. If you do it at apple, don't you have to take the phone into your carrier's store and get everything setup which takes awhile?

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
It seemed easier, and I had no idea that Apple ships faster (remember not all of us are iphone experts). All I have to do is get the phone then I can just activate it from my house. If you do it at apple, don't you have to take the phone into your carrier's store and get everything setup which takes awhile?

It's easy either way. If you order from Apple online you get sent a phone that activates when you set it up. If you buy in the Apple store, they activate it for you. Either way you don't need to go to the AT&T store. You can also choose AT&T Next payments or Apple's iPhone Upgrade program.

futurejetblackowner

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
It's easy either way. If you order from Apple online you get sent a phone that activates when you set it up. If you buy in the Apple store, they activate it for you. Either way you don't need to go to the AT&T store. You can also choose AT&T Next payments or Apple's iPhone Upgrade program.
thank you, but my question still isn't answered. Could it ship early?

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Of course it could and probably will ship early but I think it's more likely you would get it early from Apple rather than AT&T but that's just a guess based on experience with orders from Apple (faster) and carriers (slower since they get the stock from Apple).

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
That is not necessarily needed. Apple won't make you go to the carrier store to activate it in store, They have access to allow activation right then and there. The problem with this is that once you use carrier financing, that phone is already activated and all you need to do is go home and unbox it and set it up the way you want it.

As for ship time, it depends. Apple is busy right now even trying to get it's own retail stores to stock up on devices. The Plus models gets sold out very quickly. It is quite possible you might get it early or it may not.

futurejetblackowner

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 24, 2016
no it will not come early.
why not
[doublepost=1477359252][/doublepost]I probably should've settled for matte black, but I feel like Jet Black might be discontinued after this year because of all the issues and time it takes to make them, making it a collector's item I could get a lot of money for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.