Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minxy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
I'm strictly a amateur audio editor. Since my PC using days I've been using Audacity to edit spoken audio but it doesn't work with the Catalina update so I've been forced to boot up Logic Pro X. On a single track I recorded speaking and its great how I can do it in little chunks.

I have a single audio track I need to edit it down, I want to be able to look at the waveform up close, cut long pauses out, add bits of amplified silence (to subtly hide heavy breathing) and also be able to cut and rearrange audio.

I have clicked the Editors/Scissors button and a large waveform has appeared at the bottom of the screen. There are no cut and paste edit icons. There is an edit menu but I can't select a segment of audio to use them with. Is there an easy quick way to do what I want?

Paratriplel

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2011
Not sure I understood exactly what you meant by not being able to copy paste audio but I think you either must enable advanced audio functions in logic setting / preferences or you might be in the wrong tab or both..

You should see... I don't have logic in front of me.. but if you have advanced functions enabled you should see a Track-tab and a File-tab. I'm not entirely sure which one is used for what. But take a look at this and you might see what I mean:

261EB862-0317-4047-9528-0BA10E901D62.jpeg

For advanced functions just go to logic settings and furthest to the right.

Sorry if I did not understand your question right. Figured since this part of the forum seems quite low activity I might as well give it a go.

Reactions: Minxy

Minxy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
Thank you. I'm not in front of my computer but I will definitely check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.