Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacklevics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2022
Hi there,

Is it at all possible to create a non-admin user profile to run certain tasks such as sign out of all programs and delete user files on logout, but not revert the settings?

It is for the student PCs in school as we are having major issues with the guest account with Garageband and Google Drive, yet no issues at all with actual profiles.

If it is possible, how may I possibly go about doing so?

Many thanks for your help,

Jack

Last edited:

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Settings are user files so you might need to be more specific as to what you want deleted, what you don't want deleted and perhaps what issues you're having with GarageBand and Google Drive.

That being said I don't know if any version of what you need can be done.

jacklevics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2022
Settings are user files so you might need to be more specific as to what you want deleted, what you don't want deleted and perhaps what issues you're having with GarageBand and Google Drive.

That being said I don't know if any version of what you need can be done.
Hi there,

So I'm kind of looking to have it do what the guest account does. Sign out of all devices and also delete any file saved on that session to the local account (as we're a Google org and should all be saved to Gdrive.

The problem with Garageband is that it crashes constantly and many things are not available on it because it forces them to crash. Not sure what causes that, but we've tried so many things to fix but cannot. User profiles have zero issues though, so don't know if the cache clearing every sign in causes anything.

So I am looking for just the user files to be deleted and to sign out of all web based apps and clear browsing data.

I'd be looking to keep the settings the same though (as we'll use Meraki management to block many of the settings off). So if I set browser as Chrome that stays.

Just wondering if this is possible perhaps with like a bash script.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.