Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bubble99

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I tried to log in today to my yahoo mail using the yahoo mail app on the iPad and put in my user name and password that it takes me to a page saying.

Help us to keep your account safe.
We want to make sure that it's really you using this account. Choose a method below to verify that this is your account.
Approve from phone
Davids iPad

In the past yahoo use to bug me to want me to set up phone verification but I could bypass it and now it does not want me to log in now.

If I go to I need more option it is saying.

Let us help you
Choose an option below
Call premium customer care
Visit our free help site

I do not want to do this because I don't feel comfortable giving one out my phone number. Is there a way to bypass this or get around it?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I tried to log in today to my yahoo mail using the yahoo mail app on the iPad and put in my user name and password that it takes me to a page saying.

Help us to keep your account safe.
We want to make sure that it's really you using this account. Choose a method below to verify that this is your account.
Approve from phone
Davids iPad

In the past yahoo use to bug me to want me to set up phone verification but I could bypass it and now it does not want me to log in now.

If I go to I need more option it is saying.

Let us help you
Choose an option below
Call premium customer care
Visit our free help site

I do not want to do this because I don't feel comfortable giving one out my phone number. Is there a way to bypass this or get around it?
I'm thinking "no". Their system, their rules. Play by them, or you can't play.

Lifeisabeach

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2022
I'm not using their app, but I just tried logging in with a web browser and while I still get nags asking for my phone number, I can still skip past it.

Reactions: Tagbert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.