Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
With 14.2, I now see a "Suggestions" folder in App Library. In doing some searching about this, it looks like it should have been there all along but I never saw it until I updated to 14.2 today. I already use the "Siri Suggestions" medium sized widget on my home screen, so "Suggestions" in App Library is redundant for me. Any way for me to remove it?

Someone mentioned that it can be removed by toggling off Settings > Siri & Search > Suggestions on Home Screen but I already have that off. Speaking of which, what does turning on that setting do? I tried turning it on and see no difference.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
It was there since 14.0, but a small number of people were not seeing it until 14.2, apparently.

No way to remove it, it's technically a stock part of the library.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
It was there since 14.0, but a small number of people were not seeing it until 14.2, apparently.

No way to remove it, it's technically a stock part of the library.
Hmm, that’s too bad but I guess good to know I’m not alone.

Do you happen to know what Settings > Siri & Search > Suggestions on Home Screen does?

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Hmm, that’s too bad but I guess good to know I’m not alone.

Do you happen to know what Settings > Siri & Search > Suggestions on Home Screen does?
Only about 2 people in the beta threads didn't have it and then regained it.

Off hand, I can't remember, it's almost 2am and I need sleep.

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
Hi before 14.2 , I was able to remove the Siri app library suggestions, for some reason now I can’t figure out how to do it .Did they remove the option to remove/hide it ?
Thanks

drak22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I understand that the option remains the same, but it is not working. I hope it's a bug in this version, because if not, apple's often nonsense. basically because I have removed the whole topic of suggestions from the applications and others. There I would only recommend the four apple apps that are right now.

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
I didn't think that was designed to controlled the App Library? It might have been a bug that it did though, which is why it doesn't anymore (if it was doing that before).

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
Has anyone figured out how to hide the “Suggestions” folder in the App Library yet, or is it not possible?

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
Any idea what this setting does?

Settings > Siri & Search > (Suggestions from Apple) Show in App Library & Spotlight

chu.chu

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2023
I succeeded with getting rid of both "Recently added" and "Suggestions". I removed almost every app. And then noticed that they both gone. I'll experiment more.

acousticbiker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
I succeeded with getting rid of both "Recently added" and "Suggestions". I removed almost every app. And then noticed that they both gone. I'll experiment more.
Can you please explain what you mean by 'removed almost every app'? When I do a long press on the apps in those folders, I only see the options for adding to Home Screen or deleting app.

chu.chu

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2023
This is what I mean

photo_5456624146067868113_w.jpg

chu.chu

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2023
I guess what I meant to ask is how did you get the folders to go away? I thought you indicated removing the apps that were in the suggested and recent folders, but I don't see the option to do that (only see option to delete)
Yes, I deleted most of apps on the iphone and annoying folders gone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.