Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ADDvanced

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2015
So with 12 cores, activity monitor is getting kind of obnxious since it also shows hyperthreading... is there a way to hide the hyperthreading stuff on the CPU activity? Running Mojave

SecuritySteve

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
California
So with 12 cores, activity monitor is getting kind of obnxious since it also shows hyperthreading... is there a way to hide the hyperthreading stuff on the CPU activity? Running Mojave

iStat Menus.

But otherwise, why would you want to hide hyper threading activity exactly? Just so you can see the actual load on each individual core? To what end?

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
If it really bothers you that much, disable HT or don't look at it...... ;)

ADDvanced

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2015
iStat Menus.

But otherwise, why would you want to hide hyper threading activity exactly? Just so you can see the actual load on each individual core? To what end?
Because having 24 graphs is too tall for my 1080 monitor... so... yeah, I like to keep an eye on things but half of them are usualy empty unless I'm encoding something.

SecuritySteve

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2017
California
Because having 24 graphs is too tall for my 1080 monitor... so... yeah, I like to keep an eye on things but half of them are usualy empty unless I'm encoding something.
Yeah, definitely recommend iStat Menus for you then. It keeps all of the CPU activity on the top menu bar, so you can dedicate your screen real-estate to something else while still keeping an eye on your CPU / GPU / Fans / Temps / Peripheral battery levels ... well basically everything.

Reactions: ADDvanced
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.