Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi Mac friends. Is there a way to install to overwrite the possible corrupt files without data loss (everything is intact) of my Boot Camp Windows 11 (internal drive, Windows build is 22H2) using my backup Windows which is a Windows to Go (build is 23H2) like you would with macOS (you could install the OS from another OS you're booted on).

I've tried SFC, DISM but it won't let it (using Windows to Go) and I've done the CHKDSk /f (w/ the Boot Camp's drive letter). I've also rebuilt the MBR using Aomei but it's still stock at that spinning circle upon boot up. I waited for a about an hour but it just spin at boot up.

I also tried booting it to Safe Mode but it wouldn't boot there, it just become a blank screen and would Shutdown if I remember. The last thing I did was when I was booted in Windows to Go, I mounted the Boot Camp Volume using Disk Management, maybe Windows to Go should only mind itself, not other volumes.

It does mount with no problems on macOS (the disk is healthy and is an SSD) and you can read and browse through the file on macOS.

If there also a way to fix the Windows 11 Boot Camp volume that'll run on macOS?

Thank you in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.