Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ranjan2001

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2021
When I Airdrop using "all photo data" to my Mac M1 each file gets copied to individual folder even when I have not edited them on iPhone. Its a pain to move video files from each folder to a common folder.

Is there a way to have all files in one common folder when using All Photos data, or a way to extract all .Mov files from multiple folders to one folder?

Is there a way to make "All Photos data" the default option when Air Dropping?

Attachments

• screenshot_712.jpg
    screenshot_712.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 108
  • screenshot_717.jpg
    screenshot_717.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: vic47

vic47

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2021
Truly yea, its beyond stoopid ;(. Just got my M3 Max MacBook Pro for like 2 weeks now, and today I tried for the first time to transfer all my 5K Photos from my iPhone 14 Pro Max, through AirDrop. All was incredibly fast, but when I opened the Downloads folder on Mac, I almost went rabid :D. I had 500 folders, with a file in each of them. This is too stupid.
I've searched all web, but currently I don't think there's a fix for this, when you want to have "All Photos Data" ENABLED. You either have it OFF and you might not get the photo dates and metadata and all that stuff, or you leave it on and have fun sorting billions of files. This is beyond cretin, really.

Quick off-topic - After seeing this, I went and moved all my photos with Image Capture, fast and ok. But today when I checked the files, from 5000, 21 were corrupted. For the very first time in my life I had corrupted files. I got really angry, but I can't do nada. they're gone, and thank God they're only 21. Whatever.
I've used Image Capture in the past, A LOT, and didn't have this kind of problems...but I'm not taking another chance with it. Adios.

From now on I'm gonna use ONLY AirDrop for Photos, as for the last year or more (since I started using AirDrop for transferring photos from iPhone to Mac), I didn't have any problems with it. No corrupted files.

But I might try and see a few times with the "All Photos Data" on and off. Quite stupid after you pay tens of thousands of $$$ on Apple stuff. Meh.

vic47

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2021
When I Airdrop using "all photo data" to my Mac M1 each file gets copied to individual folder even when I have not edited them on iPhone. Its a pain to move video files from each folder to a common folder.

Is there a way to have all files in one common folder when using All Photos data, or a way to extract all .Mov files from multiple folders to one folder?

Is there a way to make "All Photos data" the default option when Air Dropping?
Also I just thought of something...you could select all folders and move then into a single folder, then perform a search inside of the folder and type "png" or "jpg"...and after the search gives you all files you could easily get them and maybe put them into a single folder. 😂 I'm not sure if this make sense, but it could work. I'm gonna try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.