Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I was just wondering, thinking about how it would be nice to have all the tablet goodness of Android on the Surface Pro 3 powerhouse. I know that Blue Stacks exists, but that isn't running Android itself but the apps in a poor virtualized manner. I'm talking about the full x86 Android.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I was just wondering, thinking about how it would be nice to have all the tablet goodness of Android on the Surface Pro 3 powerhouse. I know that Blue Stacks exists, but that isn't running Android itself but the apps in a poor virtualized manner. I'm talking about the full x86 Android.
I've been looking to do that too. Looks like the closest thing to that is the Jide Remix.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I've been looking to do that too. Looks like the closest thing to that is the Jide Remix.

I can't figure out how to get ahold of Remix OS, sadly. And I'm not likely to buy new hardware anytime soon, ;)

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
http://wiki.consoleos.com/w/Microsoft_Surface_Pro
Was the best bet, but it appears they did not hit stretch goals to support the SP3 :(

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
There's also Console OS but currently it's not fully compatible with SP3. Just have to keep an eye on it for when they expand their device list.
And they don't support much on the SP2 or SP at that, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on the SP3 having all features working anytime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.