Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I have a Series 4 Apple Watch (on me unless charging), an iPad Air 2 and an iPhone 11 Pro all close to me on my desk. Whenever a notification comes in (text, email, water reminder, etc) it's random on which of these devices will alert me. When this happens, all the devices are locked. If I'm actively using my iPhone for example, it will usually come to that device, which I would expect. But when they're all locked... it can pop up on my iPad, or ding on my watch... again it's random.

How do I stop this? I'd like to have it come on my watch first, is that possible?

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
There isn't a way to control on which device you first receive notifications.
Okay that's what I figured as I didn't find any. Is there then a logic behind how the alert is handed out? I was just on my watch and my iPad dinged to an incoming text and the watch still never showed it. A tad frustrating...

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
Perhaps set one device as your noisy device, and either turn-off notifications on the others, or have them appear silently in notification centre. Google for how to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.