Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hohohong

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2007
I want to set the back and forward buttons on my MX Master mouse to "CMD [" and "CMD ]". Is there a way to do that in the current iPadOS?

Hobbsee

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2020
Oops, sorry, I completely forgot I was in the IOS section.

I suspect your best bet is to program it onto the mouse with your mouse software, then save it to the onboard profile, so it should then work everywhere.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Oops, sorry, I completely forgot I was in the IOS section.

I suspect your best bet is to program it onto the mouse with your mouse software, then save it to the onboard profile, so it should then work everywhere.

I have the MX Master 3 and I don't think that setup carries over to the iPad. On the iPad itself you assign buttons under AssistiveTouch and I don't think you can do what the OP wants.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
iPadOS don’t recognise those special hardware keys right off the bat as apple’s Magic Mouse and trackpad dont have many hardware keys available. Unless said mouse does optimisation for iPadOS, I don’t think those extra keys will work well, except keys that changes DPI’s. As for the profile, DPI profile definitely gets carried over, but not other functions.

Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.