Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jordannewall98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2021
Hey guys, I was just going through the thread 'Patina Proud' https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-leather-cases-patina-proud-photos.2091430/ and was trying to find a way to make a leather case Patina quickly, I have recently bought a new iPhone 12 and I want to get a Tan kind of leather case for it and saw loads of really nice patinas and want one like that.

I saw a lot of comments about using coconut oil to get the leather to patina quickly but wanted to know if any of you have any different solutions to this, I know it is supposed to take time but I have also had leather cases before and I feel I don't have enough natural oil in my hands to get the look I want. Any help would be massively appreciated.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
From what I remember when I had saddle leather Apple case I used Apple (different Apple) brand Leather Care conditioner. Took about 3-5 months to get a nice color/wear pattern.

Reactions: Jordannewall98

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Look into other brands. I know Bullstrap has one that comes in a darker brown color, which is already way better than what you'll be able to achieve by artificially aging an Apple case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.