Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
I like the feature of taking calls on my Mac. But what is driving me crazy is that FaceTime seems to immediately become the foreground app, stopping all inputs to other apps.

For example: If I'm typing while a call is coming in my keystrokes result in warning sounds.

Of course, when I'm just typing text, that is usually not too dramatic (albeit very abrupt and irritating). But when I'm using other, more critical applications it is very disruptive and I cannot continue using that app until I have rejected the call.

Is there any way to stop this behavior and have incoming calls be "in the background"?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
No way I know of to alter FaceTime’s modality on an incoming call… have you considered using a Focus mode to prevent those when you’re running a critical app?

danqi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2010
No way I know of to alter FaceTime’s modality on an incoming call… have you considered using a Focus mode to prevent those when you’re running a critical app?
I have my Focus Mode setup in such a way that calls generally come through. I need it to be like that even when working because (potential) clients need to be able to reach me, unfortunately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.