Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kurisub

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
La Mesa,CA
Other than plugging them in to charge, is there a way to "turn off" the Beats Flexes? I just got mine the other night, they were at 99% charge when I went to sleep and when I woke up they had drained all the way down to 19%! Do I have to unpair them from everything to get them to stop draining battery? I didn't have my phone or iPad playing any music or anything last night while I was sleeping.

kurisub

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
La Mesa,CA
Hmm every time I press and hold the power button to turn it off, after 10 seconds of holding, it looks like it shuts off (pulsing white light turns to red, then off) but then just comes back on and pulses again like it's searching to be paired to something.

Edit: never mind, I tried again and held it for less time and that time it shut off.

freakomac

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
Hmm every time I press and hold the power button to turn it off, after 10 seconds of holding, it looks like it shuts off (pulsing white light turns to red, then off) but then just comes back on and pulses again like it's searching to be paired to something.

Edit: never mind, I tried again and held it for less time and that time it shut off.
Hold for just 2-3 secs not 10

Reactions: Jessemtz25

Bleh5

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Did you ever get this resolved? I just figured out that mine isn’t turning off too. Pushing the “off” button for about a second will disconnect from my phone, but does not actually turn off.

kurisub

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
La Mesa,CA
Just like Freak said, I just hold it for a few seconds, the light flashes and turns off. I'm assuming at this point they're "off" and not drawing much power, which seems to be the case. I sometimes forget to charge them overnight, and if I have them off the battery isn't completely drained when I get up in the morning.

Reactions: johntw

Adeyanju

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2024
Hello, my beats flex wont turn off even after resetting multiple times, what could be the issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.