Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan782040

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2003
The parents should just talk to her. You shouldn't have to disable to iSight... if you do, she'll just go out and buy a digital camera or something. This girl obviously just wants attention, so place the computer in a general room or take the computer away.

How did they find the pics anyway.. did you? :p

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
RyanSA4 said:
Anyone know a way to turn of the iSight besides using the iChat menu bar?

How about good, old-fashioned parenting? If you give your child something she can't be trusted with, take it away.

Wait, how old is this daughter?

Edit: oh, 16

the dr

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2005
London
maybe you should just leave her ichat name and we'll 'talk to her' for you... :D

16 is legal isn't it? I don' quite see what the problem is here. was she chatting or posting these pics on websites?

hyperpasta

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2005
New Jersey
tomimacg5 said:
I think we should analyze these pictures to assess the severity of the problem

LOL!

No, really, disable all iSight-using apps with Parental Controls (iChat and PhotoBooth) and prevent her from installing new apps.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
zim said:
Not sure I would classify it as using the iSight the wrong way but rather the individual is not using it in a manner suitable for their age. How about put the iMac in an area of the house where they can see her? Also, if she is willing to take her clothes off that easily then better keep her away from any digital cameras or any photographic devises while you are at it... um... looks like the best parental device here would be a good sit down and talk.

Good point, get down to the real problem rather than blame an iMac. :eek:

What did the iMac and iSight do, they just did what they were supposed to as commanded. I say its bad parenting, rather than give her some attention they give her an iMac to solve they short comings. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.