Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
Is there an app that can rip YouTube videos directly to an iPad? I see there are programs that you can use to download YouTube videos to your Mac and then convert them for use on an iPad. On my Droid, when I click on a video I get an option to download the video directly to my phone. I don't have a problem with doing it all on my Mac, but if there is a way to do it all on my iPad, that would be way better.

p-rice

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Theres YourTube and MxTube. You can get them from Cydia if you're jailbroken.

YourTube is an addon for the already existing YouTube app. It creates a new tab for downloaded videos. It partially works on the iPad but for the time being stay away from it until they update it for native iPad support.

MxTube is a separate app and is fully compatible with the iPad BUT I wouldn't recommend it because the built in search engine is really limited. It doesn't yield the same results as the YouTube app.

No real solutions right now so your best bet is to wait for YourTube to be updated.

KevKaos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Baltimore, Maryland USA
OK, that's all good info. I'm not jailbroken and not sure that I am going to. I guess I will just do it all from my Mac. I just found a new product for converting videos for use on an iPad. Haven't tried it out so not sure how well it will work. If interested, it is on iusethis.com and they are giving away free copies for the next 20 days or so.

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2007
you can copy the url of the video on youtube then paste it in the website keepvid download...then download the mp4...and sync with itunes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.