Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
A few weeks ago I came across an offer about an iMac G3 slot loader with original box.
It did look like an "indigo" model with an "indigo"-colored 1st-gen keyboard and hockey-puck mouse.
Unfortunately that offer was withdrawn and all the pictures disappeard from the offering website.
Since then I'm searching for that mystical indigo-keyboard and hockey-puck mouse, but I cannot find any, just the "indigo" iMac_G3s with black "Pro" keyboard and mouse.
(went for an "indigo" iMac, but it turned out to be "grape", which isn't too bad either :D)
Any idea about that mystical indigo-iMacG3, which must have been in the timeline side-by-side with the 2nd-gen. "fruit-colors" slot-loading iMacs?

timidpimpin

Suspended
Nov 10, 2018
Cascadia
No, those came with the full length keyboard with the uncolored transparent body and black keys. Only the tray loaders had the matching color keyboard, and the indigo is a slot loader.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
No, those came with the full length keyboard with the uncolored transparent body and black keys. Only the tray loaders had the matching color keyboard, and the indigo is a slot loader.
Ah, I must have been tricked in by an optical illusion nourished by remembering an "indigo" hockey-puck mouse displayed on the accessory-box of my Tangerine-iMac, which turned out to be a graphite-one on a second look just now ...
I wish I had taken a picture of that offered mystic all-indigo-model, which is haunting me from now on ...

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
blueberry with the coating rubbed off is pretty close to the indigo with the right lighting for sure. It is smooth and shiny at that point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.