Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shreyasjoshi15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Bangalore
I have a mac book pro. I have tried to install umbrello using port.

#sudo port install umbrello. However, a long hours of installation, it failed at the end. Now, I want to know, is there any free tool for UML modeling. My preference is umbrello. However, if this is not supported, then I would like to try out a free UML modeling tool. Please suggest me a UML modeling tool.

subsonix

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2008
I have a mac book pro. I have tried to install umbrello using port.

#sudo port install umbrello. However, a long hours of installation, it failed at the end. Now, I want to know, is there any free tool for UML modeling. My preference is umbrello. However, if this is not supported, then I would like to try out a free UML modeling tool. Please suggest me a UML modeling tool.

There is one called Models which is available in the Appstore, it's not free however, but not that expensive. ArgoUML should also work, I've used it in the past, and it's free.

shreyasjoshi15

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Bangalore
UML Model

I am trying to install umbrello via macports. Looks like it is installing a lot of files. Is it harmful to my computer?

marceldev

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2024
The same issue in 2024 when I tried to install umbrello in a Macbook Pro M1 Pro using macports, there are a lot of packages to install and then it finished with errors... I would like to find a tutorial to learn how to install umbrello in a macbook, anyway I am using StarUML and for now it fulfills its purpose.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.