Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
I built up a 256GB iPod Mini last year and sadly it died today. First it would randomly disconnect during syncing, then it progressed over a few hours to not being recognized at all by iTunes. I swapped the SD card out to no avail—looks like the logic board itself is dead.

I could get another, they're dirt cheap on eBay. But I want gapless playback so I think I'm going to use the 256GB SD card to fix my old Classic.

So I'm left with a CF to SD adaptor, a reasonably new iPod Mini battery, and a genuine Apple dock in like-new condition. Is it even worth trying to sell those parts?

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
You may get something on eBay, don't know of any other sites that people use to shop for these parts.

eicca

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 23, 2014
I guess if I can track down a working logic board that'd be the most cost-effective solution in the end. Rockbox will do gapless playback so that takes care of that.

Prices aren't as dirt cheap as they were last year. Working models are going for $40 plus. I got mine for $25. This wouldn't be a problem if the brakes on my car hadn't just gone out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.