Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basehead617

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Other DAWs have forums where company reps moderate and respond, plans are announced, some indication that the developer is listening.

Is there any official place that Logic devs at Apple are present in discussions or posting anything? I’ve only seen the official apple subforum which is barely used and what is there is the usual problem threads with no responses or people necroing old threads just to say they have the same issue.. never seen an apple or dev team person post there.

I also don’t believe there is any official support to communicate with even if you pay money..?

Where is the professional support?

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
There is an official Logic forum, but as with the rest of their software and all their hardware, Apple play their cards very close to their chest, so the forum is mainly populated by users:

<Official Apple forum for Logic Pro>

But then again, so do most manufacturers.

If you go on the Arturia forum (where you'll find me there as volunteer moderator under the same user name), mostly that too is populated by users, with Arturia staff generally only showing up when new products or updates are launched.

It would be foolish from a hardware or software developers' point of view to ignore the fact that your competitors more than likely have lurker accounts on your forum looking for clues as to what your next significant move might be.

That of course doesn't mean Apple staff don't monitor their forum for customer feedback. They almost certainly do. But they'll do it silently.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Oh I forgot to mention I also used to post on the official Logic Pro forum (linked above) under this same handle, except Apple decided my handle was offensive and forcibly changed it two weeks ago, after being on there for...wait for it...11 years...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.