Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
If amazon was as flawed as Facebook....with the auto complete....error messages, delay in text writing....Amazon would be out of business by now.....
Does anyone know of a worse website???????????????//

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
No...its about the flaws...if make a remark with a name the same as what you are writing...it completes your sentence with stuff you did not want....and more

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I've never experienced any of the issues with FaceBook you mention, but that might be different if I were to visit the Site which I never have.:p

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
BOTH are websites...one is user friendly and the other is NOT.
Airplanes and cars are both modes of transportation, doesn't necessarily mean that many comparisons would really be meaningful.
[doublepost=1513730383][/doublepost]
If amazon was as flawed as Facebook....with the auto complete....error messages, delay in text writing....Amazon would be out of business by now.....
No...its about the flaws...if make a remark with a name the same as what you are writing...it completes your sentence with stuff you did not want....and more
Can't say I've ever really come across any of that (well, maybe short of an error of some sort once or twice at some point).

Reactions: Tarek

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I can honestly say I have never experienced any of what you have mentioned.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Sorry, I have no idea what you are saying...not a clue...

Another hyperbolic thread title, and posts that suggest a surfeit of emotion on something that doesn't really merit it; I am sure that there are sites more flawed than FB.

Delete your account. It gets better from there.

Agreed.

Have never been a fan of the concept of FB.

Reactions: 0002378 and Tarek

Bart Kela

Suspended
Oct 12, 2016
Searching...
Another hyperbolic thread title, and posts that suggest a surfeit of emotion on something that doesn't really merit it; I am sure that there are sites more flawed than FB.
Well then, go ahead and report it to the forum moderation team.

You have been here long enough to know how to do that.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well then, go ahead and report it to the forum moderation team.

You have been here long enough to know how to do that.

Why bother?

No, I'll not waste my time doing that, - but will merely content myself with the observation that the thread title strikes me as a classic example of First World Hyperbole.

However, if the OP wishes to amend the thread title to something more sensible and realistic - such as remarking that FB is a flawed site - this is the approach I would recommend.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
You seem to be describing some technical issues[?] though I rarely see them. I think as someone involved in tech I'm often amazed at the incredible feat of engineering sites like FB represent, metrics like 4,000 photos a second uploaded, millions and millions of posts an hour, etc.

In terms of UI, it has mostly just become a bit of a cluttered mess due to all the different revenue mechanisms: ads, promoted posts, inline product placement, etc., but there's only so many design models for something like FB. I'd contend that Amazon has it share of UI/UX issues, trying to present so many products, services, dealing with 3rd party stores, upsells, cross sells, some customer support service buried several clicks away.

Both have their share of cruft, and excessive content bombardment.

Reactions: Tarek

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
What gets me is the way it harasses me every time I go on to enable desktop notifications from them, with the only options as "Ok" and "Not Now". How about not ever!

Also on my 27" display, to only be able to have a tiny little chat window the size of a business card is silly.

Web sites in general seem to be getting worse over time. I'm not sure if it's just the result of bulking up garbage over the years or what. On some sites, the browser often doesn't recognize what the content actually is, so you can't do things like Tab between fields even.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What gets me is the way it harasses me every time I go on to enable desktop notifications from them, with the only options as "Ok" and "Not Now". How about not ever!

Also on my 27" display, to only be able to have a tiny little chat window the size of a business card is silly.

Web sites in general seem to be getting worse over time. I'm not sure if it's just the result of bulking up garbage over the years or what. On some sites, the browser often doesn't recognize what the content actually is, so you can't do things like Tab between fields even.
You might consider using https://www.messenger.com as far as being able to have larger chat windows and all that goes.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
You might consider using https://www.messenger.com as far as being able to have larger chat windows and all that goes.

Hmm perhaps. I've taken to using it on the mobile browser on my phone. They tried to lock it out, but you can still access it if you go to the "Visitor's Posts" of a page, then request desktop site from there.

Gives you the mobile environment but access to Messenger and runs the site much better overall. I just hope they don't patch it!

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO

The only time I have had the issues you described, is when using a FB app, rather than direct access through a browser.

In these cases I suspect, it’s the App that is at issue and not FB.

That said, I mostly avoid FB :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm no fan of FB, but I've never had any issues, errors or what not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.