Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iceninja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
Facetime doesn't support. Facebook messenger doesn't have the video call feature. Hangout just for iOS 8.
Do you know any app to make video call? I need one to call my mom :)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Facetime doesn't support. Facebook messenger doesn't have the video call feature. Hangout just for iOS 8.
Do you know any app to make video call? I need one to call my mom :)
Have you tried Skype, Viber, Tango, WeChat, ooVoo and some other similar ones? They might currently list a later iOS version but there might be an iOS 6 compatible one that the App Store might be able to download if you try.

Reactions: iceninja

iceninja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2014
Have you tried Skype, Viber, Tango, WeChat, ooVoo and some other similar ones? They might currently list a later iOS version but there might be an iOS 6 compatible one that the App Store might be able to download if you try.
Viber not support video call ios6, tango and oovoo for ios8 or higher, wechat ios7 and I tried Skype... boom!!! I can make video call now!!! Thank you very much (and skype, too)

p/s: seem like Skype is the last app support video call on iOS 6
Strange! noone here complains about it?

Last edited:

simon1963

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2017
Utrecht
SKYPE's GONE - along with WHATSAPP which went earlier this year. Apple in their bid to keep the business progressive regardless of customer opinion are systematically culling every app they can in a bid to get you upgrading and buying new, regardless of how well your old ios or OS still works.

The good news I downloaded DINGTONE direct from their site today, I still use ios 6 on ipad and iPhone 4, So I can continue talking via WIFI for free.
Tip: don't bother with apple apps store as nothing seems available under ios 7 soon to be 8 then 9 ( creating a vast market for someone to exploit supplying new apps for older systems - so watch out apple )

dekologico

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2017
SKYPE's GONE - along with WHATSAPP which went earlier this year. Apple in their bid to keep the business progressive regardless of customer opinion are systematically culling every app they can in a bid to get you upgrading and buying new, regardless of how well your old ios or OS still works.

The good news I downloaded DINGTONE direct from their site today, I still use ios 6 on ipad and iPhone 4, So I can continue talking via WIFI for free.
Tip: don't bother with apple apps store as nothing seems available under ios 7 soon to be 8 then 9 ( creating a vast market for someone to exploit supplying new apps for older systems - so watch out apple )

Unfortunately now it seems working only on iOS 7... any other option to make calls with iOS6 ?? :-(

macstatic

macrumors 68010
Oct 21, 2005
Norway
I just read this thread after trying to get Skype working on my iPod Touch 4G w/IOS 6.1.6 and although the Skype app starts up, when I enter my username/password I'm told that Skype wasn't able to connect. I'm pretty sure I have the password right, and I've even tried it on my Mac (OSX 10.9.5) which works.
Is this the same type of problems you're getting, or just doesn't the Skype app start at all?

I'm now looking into Facetime, which came pre-installed by Apple on my iPod Touch.

skeleton11223

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2017
If facetime works on the iPod Touch 4 running 6.1.6, I wonder, will it work on the 3gs running 6.1.6 with that facetime port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.