Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvinc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2022
I have an iPhone X recently there are some problems on my wide lens.

When taking a landscape like the following below, supposedly everything should be in focus and clear in detail. However, on the left-handed side of the photo, it is unusually blurred. (The first one is the photo I took, and the second and the third are enlarged from the left and the right part of that photo.)

The issue has started since the beginning of the year. Is it a hardware or software one? It would be great if there are ways to fix this issue.

tempImageDkxjHR.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 9.40.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-30 at 9.43.31 PM.png

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
good pictures with blackfriars station (on the bridge) in view. interesting history behind that bridge , you can see the stumps of the old bridge in parallel still in the thames. ref: I used to work around the area (UK satellite operator).

Last edited:

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Has the phone been dropped or taken a hit on the back? Lens may not parallel to image sensor, or sensor may have shifted. $115 rear camera isn't too bad, but putting that money toward a newer model with a better camera might be worth looking at. I upgraded from the X to the 12Pro when it came out. Also, how much life left in the X battery?
I liked the X, but the 14 will be out this fall and there should be good deals on the 13.

Alvinc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2022
Has the phone been dropped or taken a hit on the back? Lens may not parallel to image sensor, or sensor may have shifted. $115 rear camera isn't too bad, but putting that money toward a newer model with a better camera might be worth looking at. I upgraded from the X to the 12Pro when it came out. Also, how much life left in the X battery?
I liked the X, but the 14 will be out this fall and there should be good deals on the 13.

Hard drop two years ago but at that time didn't affect the lens. Soft drop (on the carpet) within half a year. Battery life 83% so far and the battery has been for almost 4 years (phone bought in June 2018).

Yes, I am now considering a new phone in between the options of iPhone 13 mini and the latest SE. (The size of iPhone X for me is still too big and thus I cannot opt for 6.1-inch phone. SE is much better in spite of similar size to X possibly due to thinner and lighter.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.