Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatiMacGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2019
I have a 27 inch iMac 2019 on Big Sur 11.5. I enjoy when it automatically goes to the screensaver when I'm not using it, but I don't like how the screen turns off after a few minutes—I want the screensaver to just stay there for longer without the computer going to sleep.

Any way to do this without a 3rd party application? I do have the Amphetamine application that allows the screen to stay on, but it wouldn't let the computer automatically go to the screensaver, so that's not a great option.

Thanks for your help!

lizurd

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Under Amphetamine's "Session Defaults" preferences there are settings for both "Display Sleep" and "Screen Saver" which if I am not mistaken should do what you want.

ThatiMacGuy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 31, 2019
Under Amphetamine's "Session Defaults" preferences there are settings for both "Display Sleep" and "Screen Saver" which if I am not mistaken should do what you want.
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up! And if I check the option to allow the screensaver to turn on while Amphetamine is active, will it still consider the screen unlocked, and will programs still run as if the computer was still awake?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.