Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi I have old parents and they are not staying with me. Sometimes I want to install apps for my parents on their ipad remotely. Android has had this feature for ages.

Is there anyway to do installs this way in IpadOS latest 13.2? Or control another Ipad remotely? Thanks!

Popple

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
I've never used it but I've heard it advertised before. You can manage up to 3 devices for free or pay $2/device/month for more devices.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Hi I have old parents and they are not staying with me. Sometimes I want to install apps for my parents on their ipad remotely. Android has had this feature for ages.

Is there anyway to do installs this way in IpadOS latest 13.2? Or control another Ipad remotely? Thanks!
Yes.
Same account ID on up to 10 devices. Add app to one, the rest can also be set to automatically install at no extra charge.
Add devices to Mobile Device Management Solution. Remotely install apps. Depending on setup end user may be required to sign in. I do not require end user actions to remotely install apps.

Apple iOS has had this feature for ages.

d4cloo

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2016
Los Angeles
Yes.
Same account ID on up to 10 devices. Add app to one, the rest can also be set to automatically install at no extra charge.
Add devices to Mobile Device Management Solution. Remotely install apps. Depending on setup end user may be required to sign in. I do not require end user actions to remotely install apps.

Apple iOS has had this feature for ages.

That’s hardly a viable solution. As a parent, you don’t want the same apps on your device as your kids have.
What is needed is simply the ability to control a specific family member only (install, delete).

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
That’s hardly a viable solution. As a parent, you don’t want the same apps on your device as your kids have.
What is needed is simply the ability to control a specific family member only (install, delete).
Perfectly viable solution. Just, not a solution you desire.
Easy to install apps to a specific family member as well.
Try creating a separate thread so that your needs can be specifically addressed.
Awaking a zombie thread is rarely wise.

crownedcicero

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2021
Viable's not the best adjective for it. Perhaps this is a solution that's convoluted or impractical, too involved. Too enterprise, especially for Apple. Mobile Device Management Solution is not a marketing term or "magical" to the consumer. You're suggesting that an IT feature for provisioning software to employee phones is an obvious or conspicuous choice for how a parent should install or uninstall apps on their kiddo's ipad remotely.

It doesn't have to be that complicated. The difference between what Android and Apple have "had for ages" is that the Android one is a browser based web interface that allows you to search the play store for apps/games/books/music, install/uninstall said item with a click. Your devices are on a drop down list in the website when you click install.

I'm forced to use iPhone for my job as well, so looking for a solution to this issue is how I found this thread. So sorry to reawaken the zombie.

Reactions: d4cloo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.