Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
So my iOS keyboard keeps suggesting 2 email addresses that I don't use any more... One is from my previous employer and another is a personal email that I dont use any more. Is there a trick to reset this feature or edit the email addresses it suggests? Or am SOL unless I do a clean restore?

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
So my iOS keyboard keeps suggesting 2 email addresses that I don't use any more... One is from my previous employer and another is a personal email that I dont use any more. Is there a trick to reset this feature or edit the email addresses it suggests? Or am SOL unless I do a clean restore?
Try resetting keyboard dictionary under General in Settings. That may do the trick.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Try resetting keyboard dictionary under General in Settings. That may do the trick.

Oh wow I've been in that menu so many times to "erase content and settings" and to "erase network settings" and never even noticed that "reset keyboard dictionary" option lol. I'll give that a shot thanks!

Reactions: theapplehead

bradlau

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2019
I also have this problem, but resetting keyboard dictionary didn't fix the problem for me. Does anyone have a different suggestion?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Guess here, maybe picking it up from previous addresses in Mail.

Go into Mail, start a new email. Start typing in the To field the offending address. When you see it in the list of possible addresses, tap Info and then Remove.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.