Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cutiepie17881

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2014
i love having the ability to change my keyboard with the little globe in the corner because some of the keyboards i have are very useful. however lately it seems like the little globe button has become more sensitive then it was before. i seem to hit it at least once every time im typing something lengthy (like 10 words or more).

i DO NOT want to turn off the option to be able to access my other keyboards so is there any type of shortcut or settings that will allow me to lock that globe unless i hit a certain key or something?

if theres no option like that i was thinking about an idea for a shortcut even though im not the greatest at creating shortcuts (actually im a big newb but would love to learn more though :).

i was thinking if there was a way to shut off all those keyboards somehow in the settings menu then incorporate them into a shortcut and i can just pin it to my accessibility button (the little home button on the screen). that way it would be easily accessible and i wouldnt hit the globe every two seconds and it seems like it would be just as convinient as the globe anyways.

any ideas?

i have an iphone se 2nd gen and it is up to date.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
Good question. I also use three different languages and have to use the little globe all the time (btw., the auto-correct/predictive text in Spanish su@ks). When I had a BlackBerry Passport (BB OS10) it could handle all three languages at the same time without any problems. I sorely miss that…

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
The button sensitivity hasn't changed, what has changed is your typing accuracy. Slow down.
(I've noticed my typing getting worse at times and it's always because I'm getting lazy)

cutiepie17881

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2014
The button sensitivity hasn't changed, what has changed is your typing accuracy. Slow down.
(I've noticed my typing getting worse at times and it's always because I'm getting lazy)
even if thats the case is there anyway that i could make some sort of shortcut or something and turn off the other keyboards?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
For me I too often hit the smiley face keyboard switch button when I'm reaching across the phone with my stubby right thumb to push the "123" button for numbers/symbols. In my case, the layout would be better the two button positions were switched and maybe even better than that if the layout was "?" "mic symbol" "123".

Does anyone know of a keyboard that's setup like that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.