Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I don’t know when this feature appeared but it is horrible, I am constantly accidentally hitting the banner when browsing or in another window and it opens up a chat window covering the entire screen and it is difficult to exit. So annoying.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Yeah I want the banners I just hate that feature. Don’t you?

Love the banner notifications need it for phone calls and Siri especially phone calls so your phone isn’t hijacked by a call when you’re doing something. ?‍♂️

Hopefully iOS 14 adds that feature. ?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Love the banner notifications need it for phone calls and Siri especially phone calls so your phone isn’t hijacked by a call when you’re doing something. ?‍♂️

Hopefully iOS 14 adds that feature. ?

No I said I LIKE the banners, I hate the feature that enlarges them when you accidentally long press them.

sammjordan

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
I love this feature, HUGE time saver! I'm not really sure how you're "accidentally" long pressing them? If you'd rather go straight into the app you can just tap the banner. Or if you'd like to dismiss it, a simple swipe up. It's pretty intuitive

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I love this feature, HUGE time saver! I'm not really sure how you're "accidentally" long pressing them? If you'd rather go straight into the app you can just tap the banner. Or if you'd like to dismiss it, a simple swipe up. It's pretty intuitive
It’s not a long press I checked it I’m only pressing very lightly and briefly. Very stupid.
[automerge]1588086561[/automerge]
I believe there is an accessibility option to change the long press time

Is it 3D Touch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.