Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
I am tutoring my niece (who lives in another city) in math and I'm looking for an iOS iPad app that would allow us to share our screens across the Internet. Specifically, the app would allow me to draw something on my iPad screen and she would see it on her screen. She could then make changes which would appear in real-time on my screen. It's sort of like a person-to-person chalkboard that operates over the Internet. Are there any apps like this? Right now we're limited to talking to each other via Facetime, writing equations on a piece of paper, and then holding our papers up to the camera so the other person can see it. This is very inefficient. There has to be a better way!

Thanks.

JonSarge3108

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2015
I am tutoring my niece (who lives in another city) in math and I'm looking for an iOS iPad app that would allow us to share our screens across the Internet. Specifically, the app would allow me to draw something on my iPad screen and she would see it on her screen. She could then make changes which would appear in real-time on my screen. It's sort of like a person-to-person chalkboard that operates over the Internet. Are there any apps like this? Right now we're limited to talking to each other via Facetime, writing equations on a piece of paper, and then holding our papers up to the camera so the other person can see it. This is very inefficient. There has to be a better way!

Thanks.

You're wanting a web conference - try WebEx, both need a free account then you can video call, type and have a whiteboard or share a screen so you can cover all your needs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.