Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Is there iTunes version with AppStore to sync with iOS13 iPhones? The iTunes which I am currently using doesn't sync with the new iPhone with iOS 13. BTW, it's on Windows.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Believe it or not, iTunes 12.6.5.3 does offer basic support to iOS 13 devices, including syncing. You just can’t update iOS through iTunes which, is not really a problem nowadays for most people. Since you are using Windows, you can easily install that version of iTunes and sync your iPhone with your windows PC. There’s a catch though: if you ever used newer iTunes before to manage your library, you need to import your media to iTunes 12.6.5.3 before using it since newer library can’t be read by older version of iTunes.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I was using 12.6.5.3 because it had AppStore but when I connect the new SE 2 running iOS13, it prompts saying this iTunes cannot sync iPhone and update to the new version.

Believe it or not, iTunes 12.6.5.3 does offer basic support to iOS 13 devices, including syncing. You just can’t update iOS through iTunes which, is not really a problem nowadays for most people. Since you are using Windows, you can easily install that version of iTunes and sync your iPhone with your windows PC. There’s a catch though: if you ever used newer iTunes before to manage your library, you need to import your media to iTunes 12.6.5.3 before using it since newer library can’t be read by older version of iTunes.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I was using 12.6.5.3 because it had AppStore but when I connect the new SE 2 running iOS13, it prompts saying this iTunes cannot sync iPhone and update to the new version.
Ok that one. My iPhone XS Max and iPad Pro 2018 both works with iTunes 12.6.5.3 with iOS 13.

Is there a “cancel” you can click and still let iTunes recognise iPhone? Mine got similar prompt back then and still worked.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016

It may be sufficient to install the latest drivers from the latest iTunes package. The iTunes installer .exe is just a zip file. If you use a tool such as 7zip you can access the device driver installer and run it.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
Alternatively - I use 12.6.5.3 to download updated apps. But I use iMazing to update my iOS versions using .ipsw files. iMazing also provides drag & drop so I can put any app version on my devices. At the moment iMazing costs about $40 although I paid about $10 for a Black Friday deal. Even at $40 I think it’s a steal for the functionality it provides and because it gives me freedom from iTunes.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Does iMazing work with iOS13 and on Windows? So with iMazing you can update both the iOS as well as apps, or even save older .ipa app file and install it on the iPhone?
Alternatively - I use 12.6.5.3 to download updated apps. But I use iMazing to update my iOS versions using .ipsw files. iMazing also provides drag & drop so I can put any app version on my devices. At the moment iMazing costs about $40 although I paid about $10 for a Black Friday deal. Even at $40 I think it’s a steal for the functionality it provides and because it gives me freedom from iTunes.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Does iMazing work with iOS13 and on Windows? So with iMazing you can update both the iOS as well as apps, or even save older .ipa app file and install it on the iPhone?
iMazing does work with iOS 13 on Windows, though personally don’t check app updates ability much. I’m still using iTunes 12.6.5.3 and update apps on Windows version of iTunes.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I was also using iTunes 12.6.5.3 because it had Appstore but now it doesn't sync with SE iOS13, so had to update iTunes and no Appstore
iMazing does work with iOS 13 on Windows, though personally don’t check app updates ability much. I’m still using iTunes 12.6.5.3 and update apps on Windows version of iTunes.

GBstoic

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2016
I was also using iTunes 12.6.5.3 because it had Appstore but now it doesn't sync with SE iOS13, so had to update iTunes and no Appstore

iMazing will let you download apps from Apple straight to your phone and supports drag and drop so you can install old versions of apps from your PC. I also use it to install versions of iOS. It can also backup app data and tons of other stuff.
There is a free trial version that is worth checking out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.