Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I’m running beta 4, but I had the same issue in iOS 13.

I either get mail badge updates on my iPhone 7 or on my iPad 6, but often not both. I use the same push-enabled IMAP account on both.

Is it supposed to be like that? Where when two iOS devices (same Apple ID) are accessing the same mail account, notifications only get pushed to one device?

Shouldn’t the notifications be pushed to both?

mariusignorello

Suspended
Jun 9, 2013

I either get mail badge updates on my iPhone 7 or on my iPad 6, but often not both. I use the same push-enabled IMAP account on both.

Is it supposed to be like that? Where when two iOS devices (same Apple ID) are accessing the same mail account, notifications only get pushed to one device?

Yes they should appear on all devices. This might sound dumb but are both devices configured the same for notification preferences?

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003

hi
its a good question.
im not saying that notices are not being pushed to multiple devices, but the way it works on my devices is like this:

i have two devices. an iPhone and a MacBook Air.
so, its not the same as two iOS devices, sorry. but i bet its the same for multiple iOS devices.

these two devices are usually in close physical proximity (Bluetooth range), and usually on the same WiFi network as well.
apple can tell if you are on (very recently) or, are currently on, one of yr devices.
when that is the case, i usually get a notice on just one of the devices (the one i am working on), and not on the other.
and, even on the one i am working on i don't often get a sound to accompany the notice, just a passing temporary notification (the way i have it set up to do).

the above for me is ideal. i don't want notifications on all devices if i have clearly been able to see/respond to the notification on one of the devices.

the above situation wouldn't be ideal for a person with multiple devices but those devices are shared by many people, and therefore one of the devices not seeing an alert pushed to just one of the devices and not the other would not be ideal.

Reactions: thewhitehart
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.