Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danallen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Houston
When I try making screen recordings I can't find files created. I heard a rumor saying .mov files get saved to

/Users/dan/Library/Containers/com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX/Data/Library/Autosave Information, but I found nothing in there. Do you know where to look?

Also, what is the best way to show Apple my appreciation for all they have done to inhibit use of our machines making video and sound. If Apple had not gone out of it's way to to make recording crooked instead of straight forward I would not be having this problem

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
Dunno where you heard about that! Are you using QuickTime? The files should be saved to your desktop unless you specified another location.

Personally, I'd recommend something like OBS though. While it's more resource-intensive, it is much more powerful and the files are substantially smaller. Just something to look into.

Also, what Mac are you using (year/spec-wise)? That will dictate whether OBS will work or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.