Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
I have a iPhone 15 Pro Max, and I was trying to get into Diagnostics mode per these instructions:

When I plug into power after holding down the 2 volume buttons, the Apple logo appears, but it always just boots up the device. I did some Googling, and any instructions I found always spoke about plugging in the lighting cable, which indicates these are old instructions.

So I am wondering - is there still Diagnostics mode on the iPhone 15 Pro?

Reactions: Hadrianus911

hobojoe551

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2024
I have a iPhone 15 Pro Max, and I was trying to get into Diagnostics mode per these instructions:

When I plug into power after holding down the 2 volume buttons, the Apple logo appears, but it always just boots up the device. I did some Googling, and any instructions I found always spoke about plugging in the lighting cable, which indicates these are old instructions.

So I am wondering - is there still Diagnostics mode on the iPhone 15 Pro?
I know I’m a bit late but it has to be done with a c to c cable not c to a. Kinda stupid the information is so hard to find. I work at a repair shop and had to pull up their own internal trainings to find out.

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Ha - that link in my original post doesn't work now - it was only 19 days ago, they took it down or re-did it...

donawalt

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
@I7guy I found it, that looks like it explains it well! And it goes into the whole process of using diagnostics. Thanks!

Here is the link:

Reactions: I7guy

hobojoe551

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2024
Ha - that link in my original post doesn't work now - it was only 19 days ago, they took it down or re-did it...
I think they just took it down, I’ve been unable to find an updated article. The top result on Google is actually still just the link you sent

Hadrianus911

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2024
I know I’m a bit late but it has to be done with a c to c cable not c to a. Kinda stupid the information is so hard to find. I work at a repair shop and had to pull up their own internal trainings to find out.
Is this the solution im having the same issue i dont know if buy a c to c cable or the c to a adapter

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.