Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fabrum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
I'm coding an app and I'm trying to have a side menu with buttons that you can press which will show a list of other buttons. This has been done before in an app for a French-English dual language bible. Here is a screenshot. Can someone tell me how they might be doing this?

Thank you!

IMG_1187.PNG

fabrum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
I'm thinking that this might solve my problem. I created a test project and so far it seems to work.

fabrum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
Are you using swiftUI? I would probably use a LazyVGrid.
Isn't swiftUI all done programatically? I wish to use the storyboard. Can swiftUI and the storyboard be used together? Remember all these items I plan to display will used as buttons!

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2020
Isn't swiftUI all done programatically? I wish to use the storyboard. Can swiftUI and the storyboard be used together? Remember all these items I plan to display will used as buttons!
Yes - it requires programming - I had assumed when you said you were coding an app that you expected to program. You can certainly have a grid of buttons in SwiftUI - buttons are just views.

fabrum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
Of course I will program, I'm simply more familiar with placing the graphical elements of the app on storyboard.

fabrum

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 15, 2021
Would another way to do this be with a tableview controller with several different table cells? Is it possible to use more than one table cell on the same tableview controller?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.