Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mircat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2023
Is $930 a good price for a refurbished M1 MacBook Air 2020 with 16GB of ram and 1TB of storage? I’m buying my first laptop for college and I want it to last for a long time.

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I'd say that's a decent deal, you're getting around 40% off compared to if you were buying it new. If you can find an M2 Air with 16 GB of RAM for a similar price, that might be better, because it's newer. Also, what're you gonna be doing with it?

EDIT: Since the hardware itself is from 2020, you can realistically expect it to last about 3 years. I've had my M1 Air since it came out, and it's still working fine, but it's certainly not going to last forever.

Last edited:

mircat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2023
I don’t plan on using it for anything too complicated. I might end up doing a little photoshop someday for fun. And I don’t plan on playing any video games with it. Mostly just everyday stuff and photo storage.

edit: I did take a look at some newer m2 airs but they’re a little too far above my budget right now.

Reactions: rm5

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Make sure to use a reputable seller with warranty, return policy. A number of posts about money lost with shady sellers.

Reactions: rm5 and mircat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.