Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobunaga209

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
TX
^^just my two cents bro but you can either check out the refurb store for an older model mini or go cheap on components and try and build a mini itx hackintosh. Otherwise wait.....

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Israel
It all depends in your needs. The nVidia 9400M isn't THAT bad it's only pretty old. If you don't play games or even regular ones and if you don't use anything which require a good graphics card then just buy it.

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Israel
^^just my two cents bro but you can either check out the refurb store for an older model mini or go cheap on components and try and build a mini itx hackintosh. Otherwise wait.....

An hackintosh will never work as a real Mac Computer. I tried it already and there are differents.

iGrant

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Ridgeway
Haven't seen any Mac Mini refurbs on Apple Store Online....:eek:

Refurb Mac Minis on Apple's Online Store come and go VERY quickly. AS for that computer, like other posters have said, unless you need it for intense graphics stuff (gaming, etc), I would say get it.

Its a proven design that works, and it the computer will do what you need it to do, thats all that really matters.

-iGrant

Ropes27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Refurb Mac Minis on Apple's Online Store come and go VERY quickly. AS for that computer, like other posters have said, unless you need it for intense graphics stuff (gaming, etc), I would say get it.

Its a proven design that works, and it the computer will do what you need it to do, thats all that really matters.

-iGrant

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apple-Mac-Min...mputing_Apple_Desktops_CV&hash=item3cae9e991f
how would that compare performance wise, obviously slower, but for the price?

BlindSoul

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2010
Israel
I wouldn't buy it at all in that price. What the heck can i do with 1GB Ram and 40GB Hard Disk? Today. You can do nothing...

MikieMcBikie

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
TN
first link is probably good (can't convert your dollars to mine sorry i am lazy)

but the machine is sweet. I have been testing one at work for a few weeks now and CS4 is running nice, along with a few other things. I came from a 2.3 G5 so not cutting edge....kinda thinking for home us tho, it would be fine :D

second link for half price? yeah ok if you want to spend your money on something other than a computer(highly recommend). But you didnt mention what you will be using it for so advice is hard to do.

Ropes27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
first link is probably good (can't convert your dollars to mine sorry i am lazy)

but the machine is sweet. I have been testing one at work for a few weeks now and CS4 is running nice, along with a few other things. I came from a 2.3 G5 so not cutting edge....kinda thinking for home us tho, it would be fine :D

second link for half price? yeah ok if you want to spend your money on something other than a computer(highly recommend). But you didnt mention what you will be using it for so advice is hard to do.

A level work next year, music recording etc, being a general purpose pc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.