Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
In almost any android phone, you get document editor free of cost..even with windows cell phones you get at least the basic functionality to do so but why is this feature omitted from ios :confused::confused:any logical reasoning for this??

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
In almost any android phone, you get document editor free of cost..even with windows cell phones you get at least the basic functionality to do so but why is this feature omitted from ios :confused::confused:any logical reasoning for this??
Is the document editor actually part of the base Android install, or is it in the mess of programs that the phone manufactures (like HTC and Moto) add to Android or the programs that the carriers add to Android?

If it's one of those, it's great you get a document editor out of the deal, but because that type of arrangement is precisely why it takes a long time for most Android devices to ever get a new version of Android, if they're ever updated at all.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Is the document editor actually part of the base Android install, or is it in the mess of programs that the phone manufactures (like HTC and Moto) add to Android or the programs that the carriers add to Android?

If it's one of those, it's great you get a document editor out of the deal, but because that type of arrangement is precisely why it takes a long time for most Android devices to ever get a new version of Android, if they're ever updated at all.

well, i think it's with the base install but not sure as never used android in my life but i did read it on popular phones reviewing websites , it is in the list of features included with android phones & windows too..so i'm NOT sure how well these doc editors work out for users?

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia

I wouldn't want anymore stock apps because you cannot delete them, so if you don't use them or get a better version off the app store the stock app will always be on your iPhone, talking up valuable space.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Most apps like this are free on Android, often supported with ads. For whatever reason, more iOS devs want money per download rather than money per use.

scott craft

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2011
Louisiana
Windows 7 phones come with Microsoft Office. You can view and edit word, excel and powerpoint, but not to the extent you can on a pc. I'm not sure what you can do with the program that comes with android phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.