Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Butter69

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2020
I have an iPhone 7 and it's in near perfect condition. Never been dropped etc...
admittedly, I have a fairly soft speaking voice, but I am constantly being told that they "can barely hear" me.
I just today learned about "loop disease" and I'm wondering if anyone might have any idea or am I just a soft spoken dude?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Does your iPhone actually manifest any symptoms of the “Loop disease”, such as greyed out speakerphone or microphone icons or goes into an “Apple loop” when you restart or power it on? If yes, you need to think about changing/repairing your phone, if not - you are might indeed be soft spoken, which is also nice as the counterbalance to the amount of overall noise on the planet. ?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Use the speaker phone.
Lots of people say they can't hear me well when I use the phone normally-but when I switch to speakerphone, there's no problem. Also it's a lot easier to call that way and healthier - no radiation right next to your head

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Try to record a voice memo. If the option is grayed out -- encrypted backup asap and find a trusted repair shop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.