Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobjeff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2022
1664300618317.png

Saw this on eBay and it was listed as 'Apple Cleaning Cloth Watch - RARE Navy Microfibre Cloth - Never Sold to Public' and was curious to see if it were real as I have certainly never heard of it and searches came up with nothing??
Thanks!

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Looks like one of the clothes used in Apple retail stores not sure if they are still used.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
This is the polishing cloth used in the Apple stores to clean off/polish the demo units in between try-ons. It's a real Apple product, though only intended for internal use.

I looked up the listing you're talking about and it's way overpriced. Chargerstore, a very reputable China based seller who has done lots of business with countless members of the thread members here, myself included, sells these in packs of 2 for $12. You can contact him directly if you want a whole box of them, though. Not sure how much he charges for that.

Didn‘t the original series 0 gold edition is come with a blue cleaning cloth?
Correct. Original 18kt gold Edition models came with pretty much the same exact cloth, only instead of saying "Watch" on it like the ones given to stores, it says "Watch Edition." Still, under that, it's the same cloth. (the text on these fades so quickly anyway, after a week of using it you wouldn't be able to tell.)

Reactions: Bazooka-joe

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Apple used to have such a blue cloth in their retail stores. When I picked up my iPhone 7 Plus back in the time, the Apple employee cleaned my phone with such a cloth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.