Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hi. I'm not sure if the repair man got lazy not installing the waterproofing that came with the Fixez.com VividFX iPhone 6S Plus replacement screen or he's right it's really useless once you've open an iPhone 6S Plus for the first time?

Fixez.com's products seems to have the same high quality as iFixit if I'm not mistaken (not your average china waterproofing thing). It looks like this (the black one is the waterproofing, the blue plastic makes it easy to apply it seems). There's warranty with the repair, I could have it installed if it's important (but delivery is going to be costly back and forth). Thanks.

I got skills to open an iPhone but if I have to remove the screen, nevermind (the camera unit is tough to put back on an iPhone 6s Plus):

IMG_0127.JPG

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hi. I'm not sure if the repair man got lazy not installing the waterproofing that came with the Fixez.com VividFX iPhone 6S Plus replacement screen or he's right it's really useless once you've open an iPhone 6S Plus for the first time?

Fixez.com's products seems to have the same high quality as iFixit if I'm not mistaken (not your average china waterproofing thing). It looks like this (the black one is the waterproofing, the blue plastic makes it easy to apply it seems). There's warranty with the repair, I could have it installed if it's important (but delivery is going to be costly back and forth). Thanks.

I got skills to open an iPhone but if I have to remove the screen, nevermind (the camera unit is tough to put back on an iPhone 6s Plus):

View attachment 2314495
That seal is more of a dust barrier than water resistance. The 6S/6S+ had no water resistance rating of any sort.. I wouldn't worry about it personally and I definitely would avoid getting water anywhere near that device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.